Type of Content: News
Resource Title: Grandmothers at Work during Coronavirus
Publication Title: Syracuse University Lerner Center for Public Health Promotion
Publish Date: May 1, 2020
- COVID-19 is reshaping the lives of working grandmothers in the U.S.
- Due to the health risks of COVID-19 for older adults, many families decided to isolate separately from grandparents.
- Many families are now without their primary or secondary source of childcare – grandmothers.
- In other cases, grandmothers are providing more childcare than ever.
- Job loss among older adults often means inability to provide essential financial support to children and grandchildren.
Resource URL: https://bit.ly/3bfr9aZ